Monday, October 17, 2011

Grandma Shirt?


Today I am participating in two birds inspiration monday, in which I have particiapted in before. Vanessa Hudgens's look is great for fall and looks so comfy so here is my take on it.

(Blouse: Thrifted, Cami: SO via Kohls, Skirt: Old Navy, Flats: Target, Belt: F21)

Since leopard print is limited in my closet, I used the only thing I had. See that tiny belt? That would be leopard print (even though it doesn't look it). Matt's reaction to my outfit was "You are going to wear that? Looks like you have a grandma shirt on." I just said I didn't care what he thought and it was comfy. Sunday we went to a baby shower (aka a beer drinking and football watching party for the guys) for a coworker. It was a good afternoon of playing baby games, eating yummy food, and being around some great people.

How was your weekend?


7 comments:

  1. I really like this blouse with the neutral skirt and the pop of pattern with the leopard print belt. Plus the pumpkins get me excited for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dina vanessa mercadoOctober 17, 2011

    lovely outfit!!! simple but beautiful!! your background view is cool!! enjoyed your blog... following you now... hope you could visit my blog too...

    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com

    ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY! WIN A SATCHEL AND FABULOUS ACCESSORIES! HERE'S THE LINK--> http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-october-international.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your blouse! it's very pretty. i think the only leopard print i own is a scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I love the so-called "grandma shirt" and the funky belt. And I think I NEED that skirt, is it a recent buy from Old Navy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a really pretty shirt Cristi, haha...it's not grandma at all dearie, man see things differently. It looks great with your cute little skirt! Oh yes, the leopard belt is a lovely addition. I'm lovin all those pumpkins on the floor. Have a great week!

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, i have a leopard print belt on my list of things to look for at the thrift store. i love it! and the shirt is not at all grandma-y. i think you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. StealMyStyleOctober 18, 2011

    LOL Sounds like you have some man repeller fashion there girl. The looks or accessories which aren't my hubby's favorite, are some of my favorites at times:-) I love this look and definitely don't think it's grandma at all! The leopard print belt is super cute...I have lots of leopard pieces, but no belt! Have to fix that soon. Love that big watch too.

    ReplyDelete