Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Out of Town!

The past week has been really hectic and therefore getting to post anything has been really difficuly. After 2 short days at work last week, Matt and I headed to San Francisco for the weekend for a engagement/happy birthday to me trip (san francisco by scott mckenzie always starts playing in my head when I think of san fran). I had wanted to go visit San Fran to see the bridges there and just because it looked like such a cute place. We left Thursday morning and headed to Denver to get on a plane. By lunchtime we were in San Fran enjoying Union Square but by the time we could check into the hotel we were exhausted (since we had been up since 4 am) and just decided to nap and spend the time at the hotel. Friday was filled with walking to Fisherman's Wharf and Chinatown followed by walking to AT&T Park to watch the Rockies v. the Giants. (We were lucky that the Rockies were playing the Giants.) We woke up to rain on Saturday but by 11 it stopped and we headed to the park to another game and the Rox won this time (what a good birthday present). After the game, we walked back to Union Square to get some food and do a bit more shopping before we headed back to the hotel. For dinner, we ate a 50s style diner which had over 200 kinds of beer and really good food. Since I wanted a cake or some kind of dessert for my birthday, on the way back to the hotel we stopped at a cupcake bakery and got 4 cupcakes. They were pretty tasty, but I have to say I like the frosting that I make better. Sunday we flew home to a very smoky Colorado and you could barely see the mountains. It looked pretty gross out.

Well back to work today for me, but it is another short week. Plenty of work to catch up on. I have tons of pictures to post later when I get a chance. Plus I think Matt and I found a place to get married. Now we just need to get a place to have a reception. A date will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment