Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bridal Shower

Sunday I hosted a bridal shower from my best friend Whiteny as a maid-of honor should do for her friend. She is getting married in a month and she couldn't be more excited for it. If I were her, I would be happy too after being engaged for a year and a half.The afternoon was spent friends and family, playing some fun bridal games and eating some yummy food.

Whitney, the bride-to-be

The wedding dress game. It was really fun to watch all of the participants.

Ready to open presents. Her wedding rehersal boquet will have a lot of purple ribbon on it.

Yellow cake cupcakes (Whitney's fav) with green and white frosting and sprinkles that I made. Good thing there were some left over for me to take home!!! YUMMY!!!!

By the way, I hope you had a great time Whitney and can't wait for your wedding!

So along with the bridal shower post I thought that is would be a good time to have a style post also. Since it was a bridal shower, I decided that pants and even capris were not going to work unless it was cold out. That morning it was a little chilly out and looked like it was going to rain, but by noon it was warm and the sun was starting to come out from behind the clouds. I thought that this dress would be perfect since it looks very spring like (and around winter has lingered and the flowers are just blooming).
Dress: Old Navy, Cardigan: Target, Belt: Thrifted, Wedges: Old Navy



I have been reading a lot of style blogs and every girl has a pair of shoes similar to these. I kept telling myself that I had to get a pair. I stumbled upon these while stopping to get my boyfriend a t-shirt. Aren't they super cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment