Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Thrifted Closet Guest Post

Hi! I'm Mongs from My Thrifty Closet. I'm very thrilled to be able to guest post on Cristi's blog while she is away on honeymoon. Thanks Cristi and congrats on your wedding! Have a really wonderful journey together as a couple!


It was really exciting to follow Cristi's blog posts on her wedding preparations.  My wedding preparation wasn't exactly fun like Cristi's. It was a huge celebration as my hubby Mr A was the eldest and the only son in the family. To the chinese family, it was an important occasion. So our guest list was really long, we had about 900 guests like my mother in law's ex-ex-ex colleagues and her old old old neighbors. And we didn't have a lot of savings then so we had to plan a thrifty wedding. I remember picking a vintage gown, it was about the thriftiest thing on the rack because it wasn't exactly the most trendy gown to wear. But I like it because it was vintage. It has all these pearl embellishments on the top and a long train behind. We got married in our church.


we didn't have digital cameras back then
so the pictures were not very clear


so blissful...

We met in church through a mutual friend and dated for about two years. We were finally married in 1998. I really thank God for our 14 years of marriage and for our lovely boys. My hubby has been very supportive in everything that I do, even my blog. He bought me an imac, a new sewing machine and even a smart phone so that I can blog as I go. If not for him, I wouldn't be able to pursue my passion. Our marriage is not always a bed of roses but we shared the same faith and values, so we were able to work things out each time we have a conflict.


the three important guys in my life

I just want to thank the Lord for walking with us through our marriage. And also thank my hubby for being the sweetest guy in the world.


Thank you for reading this post!


1 John 4:19 " We love because he first loved us."

4 comments:

  1. I love Mongs! Thank you for featuring her, I've been following her blog for quite some time. This is my first time seeing her whole family :) Guest list of 900? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I love reading Mongs' blog and this was fun to read about her wedding! Mongs if you're reading - your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this...thank you for sharing. You looked so beautiful in your wedding gown. Really enjoy your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks cristi! Have fun ! Looking forward to you coming back to this bloggy world!

    mongs
    mythriftyclosrt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete